The benefits of CBD for women and mothers have been well documented. But what about CBD for men’s health? In this article, we’ll explore the legality, proposed benefits and other common questions for men who are considering taking CBD as part of their daily wellness routine.
What is CBD?
Short for Cannabidiol, CBD is a compound derived from the leaves, stems and seeds of the powerful hemp plant. CBD is a non-psychoactive compound, which means it doesn’t produce feelings of being “high.” A growing body of research suggests that taking CBD supplements daily can promote better sleep, digestion and stress management.*
What are the specific benefits for men’s health?
CBD works by supporting the body’s endocannabinoid system, or ECS. This biological system is responsible for the regulation and maintaining various functions. For men, that can mean:
- Maintaining a healthy weight. Research suggests that taking daily CBD can help the body achieve homeostasis and regulate hormones that impact weight loss. Some users experience decreased appetite when taking CBD on a daily basis.
- Suppressing anxious thoughts or feelings. Anxiety and depression are two of the most common mental disorders in men, and it can show up in the form of drowsiness, headaches, irritability or aggression. CBD has been shown to alleviate many of these symptoms by optimizing serotonin receptors in the brain. When serotonin receptors are functioning optimally, the brain can better regulate emotional and behavioral response to stressors.
- Alleviating pain from old and new injuries. Similar to how the ECS regulates thoughts and emotions, it is also in charge of how our brains respond to physical pain. While there is much more research to be done, some studies have shown that taking CBD every day can control pain response in a non-habit-forming way, without negative side effects like nausea and constipation that are often associated with prescription pain medications.
- Treating skin conditions. CBD contains many anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can help treat both common skin rashes and more serious conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Preliminary research on topical CBD creams has shown overwhelmingly positive results for minimizing both the visible appearance of rashes and other skin ailments, as well as the pain and itchiness that can accompany them.
- Promoting heart health. As discussed, CBD contains anti-inflammatory properties. For that reason, a growing number of experts believe taking CBD can help lower blood pressure and fight heart-related disorders. Prevention is the most important factor in heart health, and that’s why many men choose to take CBD twice daily to prevent strokes, heart attacks and other heart-related incidents.
The bottom line: While there is much more research to be done on CBD and the powerful hemp plant, the evidence that currently exists is promising. Studies indicate that it’s safe to take CBD even in large amounts, and doing so has the potential to positively impact certain health goals including deep sleep, digestion, pain response and stress management.
What kind of CBD should I take?
CBD comes in a wide variety of applications, from oral tinctures and softgels to transdermal creams. Our customers use different CBD applications to target different wellness needs. For example, those seeking better sleep often use our CBD tincture twice daily. Meanwhile, our customers who suffer from arthritis and joint pain prefer The Happy Camper CBD Isolate Transdermal Cream. If you’re not sure which type of CBD is right for you, you can take our simple three-question quiz.
All experts note that when it comes to taking CBD daily, quality is of the utmost importance. Regardless which format or strain of CBD you choose, make sure you are buying it from a reputable source. Quality CBD providers like The Happy Camper publish their CBD Certificates of Analysis on their website. You can refer to this, along with reviews from other users, in order to make an informed decision for your overall health.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.